CBC COMEDYCOUP UBERFAN CONTEST (the “Contest”)
From Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. ET to
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 ET at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”)
1. How to enter
No purchase required. To enter the Contest, register at www.comedycoup.cbc.ca (the “Website”). By fulfilling the Superfan Content Requirements (defined below), the Top 10 Superfans on the Leaderboard will be eligible to become CBC ComedyCoup’s Uberfan and win a trip for 1 to CBC ComedyCoup’s Final 5 Event (“The Big Deal”)!
Limit of one entry per person. If you attempt or are suspected of attempting to enter more than once, or use robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these Rules, it shall be deemed as tampering and will void your entries.
The Superfan Leaderboard
All registered users who participate in CBC ComedyCoup can accumulate a fan influence ranking based on their activity relative to other users. Registered users that appear on the Superfan Leaderboard will become CBC ComedyCoup superfans (“Superfans”). Activities that contribute to a registered user’s influence ranking include completing fan badges; watching and reviewing CBC ComedyCoup Team Project (“Project(s)”) videos; rating Project trailers; commenting on Project content; and sharing across social networks using the unique share links provided on the Website.
The Superfan Leaderboard on the Website recognizes the most active Superfans at the following milestones:
- Top 50 Superfans as published at 9:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 23, 2014 on the Superfan LeaderBoard; and
- Top 10 Superfans as published at 9:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 20, 2014 on the Superfan Leaderboard.
Top 10 Superfan Content
Any content deemed by the Contest Parties (defined below) to be inappropriate or not suitable for its audience will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Parties.
Top 10 Superfan Content Requirements
The Top 10 Superfans who have submitted the following by end of the Contest Period will eligible to be chosen as CBC ComedyCoup’s Uberfan:
- “Blog Your Fave”: Complete a post (300 words max) on our Facebook page or your own personal blog and tell us who your favourite team is and why they deserve The Big Deal. Share the link to your post with us on Twitter or Facebook using #BeFanatic before Sunday, November 16 @ 9PM ET, and we will randomly select one entry to win an iPad Mini;
- “My Top 5 Predictions”: Rank and share your Top 5 favourites from CBC ComedyCoup features that will be released on November 17, 2014; and
- “My Uberfan Campaign Video”: Create a 1 minute video telling us why you should be selected as CBC ComedyCoup Uberfan. Upload your video to the Dropbox folder on the Website. Share highlights of your Superfan experience and tell us what you would bring to CBC ComedyCoup Final 5 advisory panel. We may publish all or some of the Superfan videos on the Website, or CBC ComedyCoup Youtube channel.
Your Content will become the property of the Contest Parties and will not be returned to you. You declare that Your Content is legal, particularly with regard to compliance with copyright, rights to image, reputation and privacy, the Criminal Code and any other legislation applicable in such matters. You also declare that you hold the rights to Your Content and have consent from any people appearing in Your Content (including parental consent for minors) and all authorizations required to grant the licence specified hereafter to the Contest Parties. You agree to comply with standards of proper conduct in Your Content, as specified in the Submission Guidelines available on the cbc.ca site. The Contest Parties reserve the right to decide whether to use Your Content, at their sole discretion.
By submitting Your Content, you grant the Contest Parties a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide licence to publish, reproduce and distribute Your Content in all media, on all digital platforms and by any other means of communication controlled or authorized by the Contest Parties. You waive all moral rights to Your Content and authorize the Contest Parties to use your name, picture and voice, where applicable, in conjunction with the use of Your Content. Collective agreement provisions may apply.
Contest is open to all Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the Contest opening date.
Employees of the Contest Parties, Just for Laughs, and Overinteractive Media Inc., or their respective affiliates, shareholders, as well as such employees’ immediate family (father/mother, brother/sister, son/daughter) or persons living under the same roof are not eligible to enter this Contest.
3. Procedure for awarding the prize(s)
A judging panel (“Judging Panel”) as indicated below will review the Top 10 Superfans from the Leaderboard and select a winner based upon:
- Completion of all Superfan Content Requirements (as defined above)
- Quality of Superfan engagement with CBC ComedyCoup via his/her social networks
The Judging Panel will comprise representatives from the Contest Parties and Just For Laughs.
The winner will be contacted by telephone or by e-mail on November 26, 2014 and should claim their prize as instructed by the Contest Parties, no later than 24 hrs after the date they are initially contacted. If a winner cannot be reached within 24 hrs following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return the required release form, the prize shall be forfeited and the Contest Parties have the right, at their sole discretion, to select another winner.
The Uberfan will be announced on November 27, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. ET on the Website and CBC ComedyCoup social networks.
4. Description of prize(s)
The winner will receive a trip to the location of CBC ComedyCoup’s The Big Deal (location and specific schedule to be announced at a later date), including:
- return economy airfare from the Canadian airport closest to the winner’s residence;
- ground transportation to and from the airport;
- accommodation for 3 nights at a hotel to be chosen by the Contest Parties in their sole discretion;
- $50 daily per diem for food; and
- all access passes for the winner to CBC ComedyCoup’s The Big Deal
A detailed travel itinerary will be provided to the winner by December 1, 2014.
The total approximate retail value of the prize is $3,000.00.
The prize includes only what is specifically described and no other allowance will be granted. The winner will have to pay all other expenses including, but not limited to:
- meals and beverages not within the daily per diem;
- transportation costs, including round-trip transfers between the winner’s residence and departure airport;
- travel insurance (cancellation, medical, etc.);
- gratuities, tips, taxes of any kind; and
- personal expenses
The winner is responsible for obtaining a valid passport if applicable and/or other required travel documentation at his/her own expense. If the winner is unable to travel because he/she lacks proper documentation, the prize will be forfeited without compensation, and a new winner may be selected. Winner may be required by hotel to provide a valid credit card to cover incidental expenses.
The winner must be available and able to travel from Friday, December 5, 2014 to Wednesday, December 10, 2014. If the winner is unable to travel on the designated dates, the prize will be forfeited without compensation and a new winner will be choosen.
The winner will be actively participating in CBC ComedyCoup’s The Big Deal and will be seated with the advisory panel. The winner must be available from Thursday, December 4, 2014 to Wednesday, December 10, 2014, to receive media training, staging rehearsals and possibly media interviews.
During the above mentioned dates, the winner must also Tweet a minimum of 5 Tweets per day related to the Contest using the hashtags #ComedyCoup #Uberfan in all related Tweets.
In addition, the winner is required to create one guest blog post (between 200-500 words) or one video blog (1 minute in length) by December 3, 2014. The Contest Parties will have final edit and approval rights of the blog post or blog video before publishing on CBC ComedyCoup social media channels.
5. General rules
- 5.1. Each winner shall sign a release declaring their eligibility as stipulated in Section 2 of these Rules; agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge; and releasing CBC and CineCoup Media Inc., as well as its respective directors, officers and employees (the “Contest Parties”) from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize.
- 5.2. Prior to the award and announcement of the prize, the winner shall sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- 5.3. The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited.
- 5.4. If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these Rules, the Contest Parties reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value, as determined in its sole discretion.
- 5.5. Refusal to accept the prize releases the Contest Parties from any obligation toward the winner.
- 5.6. If a contestant makes any false statement, (s)he will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
- 5.7. The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail; technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Contest; or (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.
- 5.8. Contestants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Rules, attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed, to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest, as determined by the Contest Parties, will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the contestant utilizing the same in the Contest Parties' sole and absolute discretion.
- 5.10. The Contest Parties reserve the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, CBC the Contest Parties reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- 5.12. If the identity of a contestant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the contestant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server.
- 5.13. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Parties. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
- 5.14. The Contest Parties reserve the right to amend the Contest Rules or to terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to these Contest Rules will be posted on the Website.
- 5.15. By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Parties and/or the Judging Panel, which decisions are final and binding on all contestants.
- 5.16. Contest Rules are available on the Website.
- 5.17. If you have any accessibility requirements or special needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org