How It Works
Below is a snapshot of how CBC ComedyCoup unfolds...
1. Creators Apply
5 WEEKS August 18 through September 21, 2014
Comedy creators have applied to ComedyCoup with the following:
- TEAM: A killer team of three Canadians who can create, execute and market original screen-based comedy.
- TEASER VIDEO: A 90-second teaser video that showcases their comedy show concept.
- SOCIAL ACCOUNTS: Facebook and Twitter accounts connected to their ComedyCoup project page.
2. Fans Help Projects Advance
10 WEEKS: October 2 through December 10, 2014
- SIGN UP: Comedy fans sign up with an email and earn 5 votes.
- EXPLORE PROJECTS: Teams from across Canada are accelerating with new forms of funny. Follow your favourites!
- WATCH VIDEOS: Week 1 features each team's teaser videos for their show concepts. Teams will create new content every week to further develop and package their projects.
- EARN VOTES + INFLUENCE: Fans rate, review and follow projects, provide feedback on weekly videos and help promote their favourites to earn voting power.
- TOP 50 + TOP 15 VOTING: Fan votes help projects advance through the Top 50 and Top 15.
- DEVELOPMENT DEALS: The Top 15 negotiate an Option Agreement. ComedyCoup will option at least 5 projects for development.
- THE FINAL 5 EVENT: The Final 5 teams travel to a live event in Toronto. Teams pitch their projects before a panel of industry pros and the ComedyCoup "Uberfan".
- THE BIG DEAL!: One project will be greenlit for production.
3. Development & Production
10 MONTHS: January through Fall 2015
- ACTION! The selected project teams works with ComedyCoup producers through development, pre-production, production and post-production
4. CBC Prime Time Special
- YESSS! Comedy fans tune in to watch the much-anticipated half-hour special on CBC prime time.